Filament FLEX is a flexible material with similar to solid silicone properties, which is popular now in a 3D modeling field. Due to its flexibility, FLEX discovered new capabilities in the 3D printing sphere. Just that material make it possible to create high quality items with flexible parts. This plastic doesn't crumble under deformation and retains its properties. These aspects set the FLEX filament apart from ABS and PLA plastics.
Peculiar properties of FLEX filament for 3D printing
Structure of FLEX filament is close to silicone. Characteristic feature of this printing material is its high flexibility. Besides that, FLEX has a variety of advantages, some of them are next:
- Elasticity. FLEX filament perfectly suits for production of supple items, which are under constant deformation during operation process (cushions, packings, cup-type seals, corrugated tubes).
- Wear resistance. The material shows long-life performance and it is resistant to mechanical impacts.
- High chemical resistance. FLEX doesn't crumbled under influence of benzine, oils and solvents. Due to these properties, FLEX plastic is an optimal solution for printing of car parts.
- Details, printed from FLEX filament can be sticked together
- Gluing together possibility. Ready printed parts of a final object can be glued together easily through the agency of thermal influence.
The usega field of FLEX filament is wide. This material can be called universal. As a rule, the application possibility of a material is closely related to its performance characteristics. High flexibility allows producing of 3D ojects with irregular shapes. Resistance to complex chemical compounds is indispensable in technic spheres. Now flexible 3D printing material is used in medicine, cars, indusrty and in our everyday life. As properties of a resine and silicon became combined, this material turned to be popular in souvenir and playing fields.
Elastic material with a high degree of wearing easily copes with constant dynamic loads. FLEX withstands mechanical processing and is able to retain its properties in a wide range of temperatures.
FLEX filament color:
Physical and mechanical properties of the ABS filament:
- Compressive modulus of elasticity: 0.066 GPa
- Compressive yield point: 7.6 MPa
- Tensile strength across layers: 17.5 MPa
- Modulus of longitudinal elasticity across layers: 0.0637 GPa
- Bending resistance: 5.3 MPa
- Modulus of elasticity in flexure: 0.0729 GPa
- Oil resistance, (deformation in 24 hours): 2.6%
- Benzine resistance, (deformation in 24 hours): 9.9%
- Operating temperature: from -40 °C to +100 °C